Search This Blog

Friday 13 July 2012

What's Happening Next Week?

Oh, what's that title of the post? You have a question? Well next week we got lots happening next week, thanks for asking!

For one thing our theme for week 3 is "It Came from Outer Space - Space Exploration, Astronomy, Alien Life and Science Fiction"! So we are going to be talking about space, planets, gravity and aliens!

I'm really excited about this theme because it also leds into the classic science fiction novels in our library! And I'm hoping to somehow tie in a little Ray Bradbury tribute since he sadly passed away this year. Fahrenheit 451 has been one of my absolute favourite novels and I just recently found the authorized graphic novel of Fahrenheit 451 in our library, so I'll be giving that a read! Look for the review here once I've finished! 

Hopefully, I'll find someway of incorporating him into the programming! I know his books are mature, but maybe I can find a good short story of his to read to the kids! Let me know in the comments if you have any ideas!

I'm also looking forward to doing something H.G. Welles oriented, since we had Jayne Garry of EZ Rock Radio come in this week for Guest Wednesday, maybe the Mad Scientists would like to hear about the whole War of the Worlds radio show fiasco!

We are also going to be making some fun and easy alien masks! I'm excited for these! Rhonda found some glow in the dark star wall decals and we are going to unleash the kids (sans glitter this time) to decorate up their masks and be creative.

I snapped a couple of pictures of my mask! I went crazy with my camera for the second one to make it look fresh from outer space!



Also next week, besides exploring the limitless bounds of space and science fiction, we are welcoming some special guests for our Guest Wednesday! Diana, Ryan and Marnie with Columbia Basin Water Smart will be coming in on Wednesday afternoon to talk to the kids about water conservation and tips on water saving! Should be fun!

I ran off a quick poster with all the details, here it is!


So that is what we have to look forward to next week! Should be awesome!

Until then, I'll just have to endure this Friday the 13th morning, ripe with muggy, overcast weather and in the meantime prep for our Summer Reading Club adventures next week! I'm going to be painting a lot of black mask templates, that's for sure! 

Oh! I also grabbed some of the pictures from the Mad Scientists and beautified the shelves with their art work! I love these colouring sheets! .... You might also notice that Chase's Crash of Rhinoceros (top right picture!) have sadly caught the chicken pox! Poor things!
Although speak of the weather, I just ran out to take a look outside and looks like that morning overcast didn't last for very long!

I'll end here with some wise words from the late Mr. Bradbury himself. 


Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment